I really try to have an attitude of gratitude, and I often find it extremely challenging. Not because I do not have a million things to be thankful for (believe me, I know I do), but because I have faced some ridiculous challenges in the past two years and I keep waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel.
But lately, I have found that the more and more I tell myself to practice having an attitude of gratitude, the easier it becomes. So here were a few of the things I was thankful for in November:
- Making more connections in my field, leading to more freelance jobs.
- Getting an opportunity to meet so many great people on set.
- Having people that really believe in me and want me to be part of their projects.
- Finishing fifteen pages on my screenplay, even after I thought I was stuck.
- Having an amazing Thanksgiving feast prepared for me by dear friends from back home.
- My wonderful boyfriend, who cooks me incredible meals.
- The support of my amazing family.
- Coconut macaroons, chocolate truffles, pumpkin pie.
- Eggnog back in stores.
- The new Harry Potter movie.
- Books upon books upon books.
- Starting my workout regimen again and feeling great!
Now, let’s just hope that December picks up work wise, and then I can let go of all the big stress and focus on making sure everyone knows just how much I love and appreciate them.