While in New Orleans, I started discussing New Year’s Resolutions with my boyfriend. When I said “finish my screenplay,” he stated that he thought that was more of a goal than a resolution (he’s a writer and was an english major, word perfectionist). So I took to Webster’s who defines a resolution as: a resolve or determination. So am I right? Are goals and resolutions the same? Or are resolutions a long-term, progressive change or goal? In light of entertaining my boyfriend, let’s say that resolutions and goals are different, what would mine be for 2011?
Resolutions- my long-term progressive changes to make in 2011
- Develop my professional career in film. Continue to freelance, expand my skill set, and make vital connections with people in the industry.
- Incorporate exercise into my routines. Yoga, spinning, lifting, anything to get me moving and get my endorphins flowing.
- Be more mindful and appreciative of all relationships.
- Continue learning. Take a class, read books, learn from others around me.
- Separate myself from popular culture. This is never something I could do in entirety, but it’d be nice to not talk about what reality tv shows I’m watching, and to take a day away from celebrity gossip sites.
- Finish my screenplay!
- Run a 10K
- Learn one new dessert recipe a month
- Visit more museums/attend more plays in New York. Specifically the Museum of Natural History!