2011 is the year of building an adult wardrobe for me. Not only am I turning 25, but I’ve also started down a career trajectory that doesn’t involve slinging drinks until 4AM. For me, I for see my adult wardrobe containing a lot of the following: black, tailored clothes, wearable shoes, cashmere, and classic pieces. I see Jennifer Aniston, Lauren Hutton, and both Hepburns.
However, my lust for leopard will never die. But to make it more adult, I’m thinking that this leopard print go around I’ll think more like Marilyn Monroe, and less like Peggy Bundy. I’ve always had a thing for great big jungle cats (both their patterns, and their conservation), and while I may forgo the cheesy pony hair leopard print belt and bright blue leopard print blouse I thought was all the rage when I was younger, I definitely crave some cat print.
1. Sam Edelman Kat Oxford $109.95 HSN
2. Yves Saint Laurent Leopard Print Wool and Cashmere Blend Scarf from Net-A-Porter $995
3. DSQUARED2 Thick Leopard Print Cuff from 6PM.com $124.20
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Leopard Print Clutch Wallet at Amazon.com $64.99
5. Leopard Print Folded Notes at Paperstyle 20 for $25