I have never been a huge fan of Valentine’s Day. I always hated that in high school everyone would get flowers and chocolates delivered to class and it would inevitably make someone feel awful about themselves. In my adult life, I’ve had to work at restaurants most years on Valentine’s Day which is enough to drive anyone absolutely nuts.
But this year, I’m singing a different tune. Maybe it’s a new, sunny, positive outlook, or maybe it’s the fact that my boyfriends birthday happens to fall on February 14th, but I’m actually kind of excited about it this year. I feel like it’s an excuse to bake some delicious goodies, make some old fashioned cards, and get dressed to the nines in pinks and reds.
- Betsey Johnson Evening Gumdrop Strapless Dress– $428
- Yves St. Laurent Palais Pumps from Bluefly– $540
- Sandra Roberts Rose Satin Box Clutch from Nordstrom– $98
- Betsey Johnson Large Pink Flower Stretch Ring– $45
- Victoria’s Secret Cami & Short Gift Set– $29.50
- Modcloth Gelateria Romper– $49.99
- Nicole OPI Step 2 The Beat of My Heart Nail Polish- $8