The process of me becoming a positive person is a long road. I am very good at “doom and gloom,” after all, I did grow up in the era of Janeane Garofalo, and Daria Morgendorffer, but lately have found myself really loving to smile and the joy that a smile can bring to other people.
That being said, it is not that difficult for me to focus on the little annoyances of my daily life, ie) subway travel, lack of freelance checks coming in, and not appreciate all the wonderful things that make me smile on a daily basis. So, as a mid-week reminder of the good things, here are a few things that make me smile:
- Colin Firth’s acceptance speech at the Oscars and how he got ever so glassy eyed when he won.
- Really poignant conversations with fellow crew members about the state of the world, things we as individuals can do to change it, and influencing others.
- Cab drivers who not only have conversations with me, but tell me I have a wonderful light inside of me that I should never let go of.
- My amazing girlfriends, their undying support, and all the wonderful times to be had.
- A good glass of wine and the newest Matchbook Magazine after a really long day.
- The fat cat to greet me at one apartment, and the spunky pup to greet me at the other apartment. life.
- Work picking up at a crazy rate and finally having really great options about jobs to take or simply leave for someone else.
- Mast Brother’s Chocolate.
- Perfect Saturday mornings that involve this:
|Bacon, Apple, & Cheddar Pie from the Blue Stove.|