Lately, I have been getting what I consider to be one of the highest compliments one can receive. On a number of occasions, I have been told by various hair and make-up people that I have wonderful skin. Now, considering on most days I can’t be bothered to even put on much more than moisturizer for my 6AM call times, I am learning to embrace these compliments and appreciate my biggest organ.
I’m not suggesting that I don’t get blemishes, I’m human, of course I do. But I’ve been lucky to not have to worry too much on most days, but here are a few of my favorite good skin tips:
- Drink lots of water, seriously, it makes a difference!
- Work out, sweat out all those toxins.
- Go easy on the drinking. Whenever I have a night of heavy drinking, I wake up covered in blemishes.
- Keep a diet rich in fruit and vegetables. Have you ever looked at a fruitarians skin? They glow!
- Remove your makeup at night!
- Natural sunscreen. I am determined to not have wrinkles, so that definitely means investing in a quality bronzer and avoiding the sun come summertime. I also commit myself to buying sunscreen where the active ingredients are titanium dioxide or zinc oxide as opposed to any of the benzones.
- Natural beauty products. Let’s be honest, our skin absorbs everything, and I would much rather try to keep the things I’m putting on my face as natural as possible. I really love all the “Yes to Carrots” Products.
- Most importantly, listen to your skin. If it reacts a certain way to certain products, use them! Some of the most expensive moisturizers feel awful on my skin.
|I’d make this picture larger, but it’s embarrassing enough for me to put a make-up free picture on the internet!|