Summer lends itself to reading. There are beach vacations to read a stack of chick-lit or bestsellers I’ve been dying to read, there is outdoor cafes to read those tomes that have been collecting dust on my dresser in the dark wintery nights, and there are the biographies that I can’t wait to read in my backyard with a tall glass of iced tea on a warm summer night.
Truth be told, I don’t have the attention span I would like to have, and that makes it really tough to sit in front of my computer and complete any sort of work I have to do, in fact, I just paused for like three minutes to look at my twitter. However, I seem to have the attention span to tackle any amount of books you put in front of me. Here are a few of my must-reads for summer:
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. Yup, this one has been on my list forever, but with part one of the movie being released on video soon, I really need to check this one off.
- Vivien Leigh by Anne Edwards. I can’t wait to sit on the beach and read all about her crazy life.
- Clara Bow: Runnin’ Wild by David Stenn. I know nothing about this original It Girl, but I have a feeling I’ll leave this book being inspired.
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I generally try to avoid books with tons of buzz, but one that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world? Ok!
- The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone. I’ve been trying to eat more vegan lately, and can’t wait to read about the many benefits that come from a kinder diet.
Wow, it looks like my summer is filling up already! Tell me, what are you reading this summer?