By the time Summer rolls around in New York, I’m a mess. I’ve long since abandoned my New Years Resolutions to perfect my makeup techniques or wear makeup even on the weekends, and the heat makes me miserable. I learned long ago that you can’t rely too heavily on a perfect coif or eyeliner when you are battling insane humidity.
So, instead, I’ve just learned to work with it. I cherish the time in the summer when I can pare down my makeup routine, sleep an extra few minutes in the morning, and pass of my perspiration for a “glow”. Here are a few of the things I know I can’t live without in the summer.
- Lord & Barry Magic Eyebrow Pencil $16.50
- John Masters Organic Sea Mist Spray $29
- Benefit Posietint $29
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren $72*
- Maybelline Colossal Waterproof Mascara $7
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve in Minted Rose $8
- Sephora + Pantone Nail Enamel Set $24
*I know this scent is so ridiculously high school, but I can’t help it. I love it and it will always remind me of being a young sprightly thing!