Judging by my last post, you can see that things have been a bit rough lately. In addition to the constant fear of surviving in an expense city during this economy, I’ve been hit with the realization that I may not have a job in a couple weeks. Terrified? You betcha.
So here are a few of my favorite things to do when I’ve had a particularly bad day:
- Comfort foods. Yes, this is not something you should get in the habit of, but let’s be honest, when you’ve had a rough go of it, who wants to eat a salad?
- Call a friend, but don’t bitch for too long. I’m so lucky that I have such an amazing group of friends who I can call up and talk to when stuff like this happens, my favorite person to call has to be my friend Mackenzie, not only does she let me complain and whine, but she then tells me ridiculous stories to get my mind off of things and make me laugh again.
- Exercise. This is something I generally have to do after a cocktail or two (I know, it’s weird) because I generally want to sit on the couch and cry when I’m having a bad day, but a good sweat totally takes my mind off of things and gives me a sense of accomplishment.
- Curl up with a pet. If you don’t have a pet, borrow one! Seriously, my stress levels decrease tremendously when Boris curls up on my lap when I’m bummed out. And animals can always tell when you need them.
- Last but not least, have a good cry. Sometimes, you just need to cry, so do it, sit in the bathtub and sob, curl up into your significant others lap and just let it go. And when you’re done, brush yourself off and figure out how to fix things.